onsdag den 29. december 2010

A decision has been made.

After five years of ownership, many a happy hour, and great experiences, the time has come to give my beloved motorcycle a name.

This has been under way from the day I bought her, but I never really could come up with any name I liked.

My old bike was named "Cool as Ice" - not my idea I would like to add, but a name it came with.

I purchased the SV from new, and as such she did not have a name, but merely a number.

But during the holidays it came to me.

I do not renounce inspiration from Don Quixote, even if I have no intension of comparing neither the "steed" nor the owner with the Miguel de Cervantes characters.

 “Rocín” in Spanish means, amongst other things, “work-horse”. 

My SV is, or rather was, amongst other things just that.
On the other hand, I do not really use it as such anymore. Most of the time, I use it for enjoyable trips on the local back roads.
Besides that I use it for my “adventures” home and abroad.  The Spanish “ante” in the interpretation “pervious” fits her quite well.

Hence, my beloved SV1000R is from this day forward, to be known as

Rocinante

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar